Hello everyone,
I am passionate in the art of paintings with needle and thread. I recently discovered this forum. I found here a large community interested in cross stitch.
I would like to join this community. And I think I have many things to share you.And many things to learn from your.
I'd like to wish everyone success at work.

I would like to talk about dyeing natural cotton yarns.
Yarn dyeing with natural dyes is superior dyeing yarn with chemical dyes. The Yarns dyed using natural methods are much more resistant to light and heat. In nature, there are millions of sources of natural dyes.

Firstly we talk about flowers and leaves. Leaves color the yarn in any color. Every spring, we will gather the new leaves and we will use them to dye cotton yarns.
Here are some examples:
- Peaks of young plants bobsled, Vicia faba, are able to color in black cotton yarns;
- leaves of burdock, Arctium lappa, freshly picked up give shade dark gray to black.
- The yellow color is obtained from the green leaves of apricot
- Aerial parts of the weld, Genista tinctoria, color the materials in yellow, orange and green.
- White mulberry, Morus alba, natural fibers color the in yellow.
- The leaves of quince, Cydonia oblonga, will color the cotton yarns in yellow or black.
- From the red grass, Polygonum persicaria, also we can obtain yellow.
- Pigeon's milk, Euphorbia cyparissias, freshly harvested plant in May give yellow wires and harvested in July rusty color.
- Green husks and leaves of walnut, Juglans regia, fabrics can be painted in shades of brown, reddish or dark brown, or dark olive green and black.
- The dried sheets of onion: yellow, orange, beige, red brown.
- Lilac, Syringa vulgaris its color purple and blue colored natural fibers in blue. The flowers are used fresh.
Fresh flowers daisy, Leucanthemum vulgare, painted in shades of yellow.
These were just a few examples. I will return soon with other information.
Greetings,
Liviu - Buzau, Romania
P.S. If you have little time please visit https://crosstitch.eu