I get emails describing ebooks that are free or low-priced. I got one today about a book by a well-known science fiction writer but the books is not in any way, shape or form, science fiction.

I purchased it. I have not read it but the description is such that I had to point it out here. After the description, I just HAD to!

It's all based on a radio hoax in New York in the 1950s. The publicity about a non-existent book was so much that it was banned in Boston! Talk about over-kill. How can they ban something they haven't studied to be sure it should be banned? They cannot possibly have done that since the book, at that point didn't exist - nor did the author!

Theodore Sturgeon finally wrote the book, "I, Libertine" under the name of the original fictitious author, Frederick R. Ewing.

In print form, it is far too expensive to get and, unfortunately, the kindle version is only available in the US. I don't know if it available at any of the reputable free download sites. At Amazon.com, it is on sale for $1.99 with a normal price of $7.99

If you're interested, you can get it here, just as I did!