• Patchwork Cow (Dimensions)
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Images
    Downloads

Icon 32 Free Tupperware Replacement?

Last Saturday evening, my husband was washing dishes. (Don't faint, he's very good at helping out). He was washing a Tupperware bowl I got as a set from my sister for Christmas about 25 years ago. His thumb went right through the bowl! I looked at it and was easily breaking huge pieces of the bowl apart.

I was in chat here at the time and mentioned it. I was reminded that Tupperware had a free replacement warranty. I checked the site and found the 800 number! So far, so good.

I called this morning and found out 2 things. First, that "mold" is now obsolete. The person to whom I was talking was having problems finding a small enough substitute (3 cup bowl).

The second thing is that it would cost $4.50 shipping to receive a free bowl. I can BUY a new bowl for less than that. There are many "cheaperware" equivalents available now. Many are just as good as Tupperware.

I've had the bowl for 25 years and it was a gift in the first place. I refused to pay $4.50 to replace it.

From what I could tell, that rate has gone up recently. I was first quoted $4.00 shipping and then she corrected it to $4.50.

If you have TRUE Tupperware, you can get any damaged pieces replaced for the cost of shipping. However, be aware that the shipping may be so high as to be not feasible!
    There is no such thing as a stupid question!
    Diane

Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    Downloads
    I've got some Tupperware bowls with lids from "back in the day", too. At least one lid has cracked, and a bowl has a small crack in the bottom, but I can't be bothered going through any rigamarole to replace the set.

Like you said, there are so many different, better products out there now, it's not worth the time and definitely not worth the postage.

For microwaving, we try to use glass containers as much as possible.

For storage, I much, much prefer the Lock 'N Lock brand. (I think Starfrit carries it in the US. edit: yup, here in Canada, too. I forgot until I looked at the packaging on the website.)
    http://www.locknlock.com.au/lock/

bquilt
    That's not dirt in my house. It's angel dust.

Octavia
    I stopped using Tupperware long ago. After all, we have choices now.

Back in 2006 I bought a set of Revereware stainless pots and pans. After a few months I found my favorite pot on the stove and it was damaged! It looked like someone pulled on opposite sides of the rim and then neatly cut the pot! I have never seen anything like it in my life.

It had a limited 25 year warranty so I called them. They replaced the pot at no charge and the shipping was free! Now that's service.

• Sandma's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Sylvie Teytaud's Lookk after your planet
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Sheperd's Bush Beehive Needleroll
    Country
    Country Flag
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Images
    Downloads
    I used to love Tupperware, now I don't anymore, not since I realized that I can't BUY the replacement lids, they don't sell it separately even though they use to advertise it. Not even thinking about a whole replacement here in Venezuela.

I'm about to throw them all away and buy those "as-seen-on-tv" compact containers (easy to store)...

• Sandma's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Sylvie Teytaud's Lookk after your planet
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Sheperd's Bush Beehive Needleroll
    Country
    Country Flag
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Images
    Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by bquilt View Post
    For storage, I much, much prefer the Lock 'N Lock brand. (I think Starfrit carries it in the US. edit: yup, here in Canada, too. I forgot until I looked at the packaging on the website.)
    http://www.locknlock.com.au/lock/
    bquilt
    Here we got these for sale at the supermarkets, but they are really expensive, I never tried one. So, are they good?

• iagal's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • EMS Free Project 2008 - Rose Sampler (Part 6)
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Dalmatian Baby by EMS, for a friend
      • Recently finished #2:
      • EMS Free Project 2008 - Rose Sampler (Part 5)
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Exchanges: Staff Exchange, Secret Pal/Postcard
      • Recently finished #4:
      • EMS Echanges: NeedleRoll, On Black, Ornament, Blackwork and Holiday Bookmark
      • Recently finished #5:
      • EMS Echanges: Magnet, Bookmark, Christmas in July, Card, Biscornu
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    Images
    Downloads
    I own no Tupperware at all. When a co-worker hosted a party about a year ago I just couldn't get myself to pay what they were asking for.

The Lock & Lock stuff looks pretty neat... is it bad, however, that I'm thinking much more crafts then for food?
    - Tracy
    "Be Still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

patternnuts
    I broke the lid to my mother's brown bowl (older than me I believe). I felt so bad. But as you said, it broke so oddly; with hardly any pressure.
    She called and got a new lid, but it's orange, as the color of that brown, is not made anymore. This was several years ago now, and I think she said more or less the same thing. But I think where is was one of her favorite bowls, she bit the bullet and bought it.

• Dragonlair's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Olde World Map (Dimensions Platinum)
      • Recently finished #1:
      • EMS Blue Tit Baby
      • Recently finished #2:
      • Baby Bibs (8 for assorted showers)
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Seba Blackworks Snowflakes 2 on blue Anne Cloth Afghan
      • Recently finished #4:
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Images
    Downloads
    What was really stupid is they asked for the "mold number" on the bottom. If you look at the bottom of any tupperware piece, there is a number with a dash and another number. The one I had was 234-21. That mold number INCLUDES the size. First she told me it was obsolete. If they are going to provide "similar" replacements in such a case, they need to keep records on the old molds for the size. She asked ME for the size! I had to use another bowl of the same size (same mold number with different 2nd number) to determine that.

The customer should NEVER have to do that! The one we used to determine size was the old pastel translucent color (blue). The broken one was an opaque yellow. That old blue my husband got from his mother long before we were married. It's in fine shape!

Tupperware is killing themselves! Not only are the among the most expensive to begin with, this replacement policy is unfair. I'll bet they don't replace many!
    Diane

mcsewing
    I don't buy much Tupperware because of the price, but my MIL just bought some at a garage sale that was broken, We have a friend who sells Tupperware and she was able to replace them at no charge, maybe if you find someone who sell it, she would be able to get the replacements without the shipping costs...just a thought.

Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    Downloads
    Yes, I guess the Lock N Locks are expensive, relatively speaking. But they are well made, and so easy on the hands. Some of these new containers...I have problems opening them. I always try opening containers before I buy them. A lot of them don't pass the test.

I watch out for sales. But sometimes I just can't resist.

And, yes....crafts storage ideas do pop into my head sometimes. I have the ones that are clear, both containers and lids. Easy to see at a glance what is in them, how much.....

bquilt
    That's not dirt in my house. It's angel dust.

• froggy's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Ellen's SAL Part 9
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Christmas Ornament
      • Recently finished #2:
      • Halloween Ornament
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Food/Drink Magnet
      • Recently finished #4:
      • Flower Pincushion
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Images
    Downloads
    I bought Tupperware "back in the days", but not now. Like Tracy I refuse to pay the prices they are charging. It's ridiculous what they expect you to pay. The other brands work just as well and cost so much less.

I still have some of the "sippy" cups that my DD (now 34) used as a child and a few other pieces.
    TERRI

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.
    Born to stitch - forced to work.

Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Fine
    Images
    Downloads
    My daughter had Tupperware with crack in it. I went to Tupperware party , it was out of date and they swapped it for something equivilent, and she was happy with what she received.
    Have A Great Day

Images
    Downloads
    I am amazed at reading your stories about Tupperware. I have a cupboard full of it.

Here in Australia I located the distributor - sales outlet team (about 10 to 15 minutes from where I live) and took my lids to them for replacement recently. These were a pour all seal for cereal (3 needed to be replaced) and a lid my sister had broken on one of her items. All these were replaced free of charge as there is a lifetime guarantee.

When I asked what would happen if a lid or bottom was broken on an item that was no longer produced, I was told to bring the whole item to them and they would find an equivalent replacement. All this is done for free.

I have some Tupperware in my cupboard that is over 30 years old and still going strong.

If I had any problems or questions previous to locating the distributor here in Victoria, I asked my girlfriend who is an Executive Manager with Tupperware in Queensland and she always guided me.

Perhaps you need to find a local person who is a distributor for Tupperware or keep your ears to the ground for a Tupperware party happening with someone you know and then give them the items for replacement. That way you would not have to pay for any shipping.

Having said this, I wonder if Tupperware treats its customers differently here in Australia than the USA?

Cheers
    Judi

• Dragonlair's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Olde World Map (Dimensions Platinum)
      • Recently finished #1:
      • EMS Blue Tit Baby
      • Recently finished #2:
      • Baby Bibs (8 for assorted showers)
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Seba Blackworks Snowflakes 2 on blue Anne Cloth Afghan
      • Recently finished #4:
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Images
    Downloads
    Judi,

Thanks for the idea. I used the site to find any representatives locally. I have not heard of a tupperware party around here for years. I found one that is listed as 1.25 miles away. No actual address given but there is a web-site. I used it to explain my problem and ask for help. Maybe I can get it done this way.

I also mentioned a cracked lid to a craft organizer that I got at a garage sale.

I'll let everybody know so we can have up to date report on their customer service.
    Diane

SANDI M
    I also have no trouble with tupperware. I just ring them wait till I go to a party and they change it free of charge. I swear by tupperware and I have found their service to be fantastic.

Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Fine
    Images
    Downloads
    Perhaps Tupperware is quite different from overseas. As far as changing things over, even if old items, they change it over for something that is about the same as old damaged item.
    Have A Great Day

• Beaj's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • EMS~ Rose Sampler
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Checkerboard Sampler~ finished
      • Recently finished #2:
      • Birth Announcement~finished
      • Recently finished #3:
      • SMO~ Quaker Winter~finished
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Happy
    Images
    Downloads
    I also have allot of tupperware. Have always had good luck with replacements at no charge and no problem......until I moved here. I have a cracked lid and the representative needed the number...gave her the number which she was going to check her stock. She forgot to call back ..so called her and she wanted to know was the lid round or rounder square...dah...she should know from the number and I did mention it was round.
    Next she came to pick up the lid and while she's at it why don't I give her the container as well...[oh dopey me] I did...she'll call in a couple days.
    Well this has been going on now since December and I leave messages and get no reply. I phoned her 6 weeks ago and said please return the lid and container and put it in our mail box if you like....Still nothing.
    I believe my next move is to call the company.....
    Bea

"A laugh is a smile that bursts."

Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Images
    Downloads
    Another one who loves everything about tupperware...except the price.
    But if you have a lifetime replacement guarantee you have to pay for it.
    There is nothing here in our shops that is half as good...I have tried other less expensive containers over the years but in the end they are despensed to the bin as they become useless .

I have had some items years and years old ,replaced with the new items as the old ones are no available still.

I agree with the other girls you do need to get replacements through the demonstrator either at a party or not but you need the personal approach.
    Another happy tupperware user in Australia.

• ToniaG's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Dimensions Gold petites Lighthouse
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Wombat bookmark
      • Recently finished #2:
      • One world & food magnet exchanges
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Margaret Sherry - 3 mice sailing in walnut shells
      • Recently finished #4:
      • Voyage at sea (Dimensions gold kit) - only have the cording to go!
      • Recently finished #5:
      • Ellen's stitching stuff over-one for neighbour
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    Images
    Downloads
    Another Ozzie who has never come across a problem with product or service (although the price has kept me personally from buying as much as I'd like). All item's I've seen returned to tupperware parties have been honoured with free replacements.

However, the company may need to re-think this offer, as I now know of many people who buy items at garage sales or inherit from their grandmothers and go for the free replacements - somewhere a line will have to be drawn, or Tupperware will eventually go broke (replace more than they sell ).

• WVshell's Work
      • My W.I.P
      • Happy What Ever
      • Recently finished #1:
      • Blackwork
      • Recently finished #2:
      • Fishing for my dad
      • Recently finished #3:
      • Cancer Rose
    Country
    Country Flag Region Flag
    My Mood
    Fine
    Images
    Downloads
    Yep you can get broken or damage things for free, When I was a dealer I never charged shipping on it, but times have changed. You can also get replacement parts. Missing a lid, then you can just order that, now I would charge shipping for that. I know a lot of people that only get tupperware stuff and yes it does last, that is why they have a good name. Plus this keeps people coming back for more. You have only a small amount of people doing the yard sale thing as a whole photo.
    The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. ~John Powell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information